Friday, January 7, 2011

So, I've decided that I'd like to write. Something. But, I've also come to realize that while, I want to write, it doesn't come easily for me. But I've been told that the best way to learn to write is simple, to write. So here I am. I haven't yet decided what I will write about or how often, but I will try to write. Something.
I am about to embark on what I hope will be a good experience. At the very least, I hope it will be a good learning experience. I begin student teaching in two days. I hope I survive, and what's more, I think, is that I hope I can be successful. As encouraging as my education to become an educator has been, what with the horror stories-- "I cried everyday for the first three years" and "Half of those who graduate with a degree in education won't be teaching in five years"--, I suppose it's an accomplishment within itself to have made it this far. I want so badly to help students see the value in literature and the importance of writing and speaking correctly, but I'm already afraid it may be a losing battle. But I will try. I believe it's a calling, and you can only run from a calling for so long.
I firmly believe that I will ultimately end up where I'm meant to be doing what I meant to do. And I'll be happy. I have a wonderful husband, and a supportive (although initially hard to convince) family who only want the best.
I will try to write, but only when it feels write. I will also tell my students how very important writing is, even though I myself have a hard time committing.
Who knows, maybe it will be my students who will give me the motivation to commit more to my own writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment